Dr. Lucas Hann was born and raised in Newfoundland. He now lives, works and plays in Central Alberta with his wife and 3 boys, enjoying camping, hiking, fishing, and hunting.
Dr. Hann graduated from Memorial University with a Bachelor of Kinesiology. While there he served as head therapist & trainer for the varsity sports teams on campus. Subsequently, he completed his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. Movement disorders and dysfunctions have been of special interest for Dr. Hann and as such, has done training with the experts from the Prague School of Rehabilitation (Czech Republic), in Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS). This training has enabled him to understand neurodevelopmental aspects of motor control, in order to assess and restore dysfunction of the locomotor system and associated syndromes.
Courses & Certifications:
· Acupuncture Canada Certification Level II
· Graston Technique (Full Body Certified)
· Active Release Technique (Spine and Lower Extremity)
· Selective Functional Movement Assessment and Functional Movement Screen
· Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR)
· Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) - Level 1
· Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, A, B, C, Pediatrics, Exercise 1, Foot, lower limb
· Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC) Level I
· Rocktape FMT basic & performance.
· Dr. Shacklock - Neurodynamics and Neuromobilizations
· The Janda Approach with Clare Frank
· Dr. Lebenson – FCE and Performance Enhancement
· Dr. Lebenson – Rehabilitation of the Athlete
· Dr. McGill – Rehab of the Athlete
· The Neurorthopedics Institue( NOI) - Mobilization of the Neuroimmune System
· Dr. Weingroff – Training=Rehab, Rehab =Training
· Running Coach - The Running Clinic.
Continuing education is a focal point for Dr. Hann. He strongly believes in the importance of teaching his patients how their postural imbalances, weaknesses and mobility/stability issues can lead to pain and performance deficits. Through this understanding, he is able to customize therapy and rehabilitative exercise to accelerate your recovery and prevent recurrences.